Thursday, July 1, 2010

Hello Design Inspiration!


Sometimes design inspiration can come from the most unlikely of places.  Probably the last place I would think to look is British tabloid HELLO!  Furthermore, a tabloid cover article about footballer Wayne Rooney and his wife Coleen seems even more unlikely.  But the throw pillows (cushions in anglo-speak) featured prominently on a recent cover had me coveting a pair.  One immediately dashed online to acquire a length of wide red grosgrain trim.  A few metres of white cotton fabric and the sewing machine and I was in business.
Based on the flag of England, I am loving these cushions for a casual summer look.  The English flag prominently features the red St George's Cross.  It looks brilliant with my red and blue design theme currently reigning throughout my quarters.  They look great paired with the blue Ralph Lauren organic cotton cushion covers I already had on the daybed.  My new favorite spot for reading whilst I have a cup of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails