Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Summer Smoking Room

I was so excited when I found this old architectural rendering on wikipedia!  The Summer Smoking Room at Cardiff Castle sits atop the clock tower.  It's reached by a narrow, steep and winding stone staircase.  It was another room of the castle typically off the public tour that I had the wonderful opportunity to experience.  As I wind down this series on Cardiff Castle, I thought it would be fun to compare this rendering to a few modern day photos.  Enjoy!







It's always exciting to see a well executed architectural rendering become a built reality.  I hope you've enjoyed this little tour of Cardiff Castle.  Thanks for following!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! It reminds me of the little smoking room I had in college. Instead of a steep stone staircase it was reached by a steep wooden ladder. I covered the walls and ceiling with hippy-dippy batiks from India and the floors with an assortment of cushions. I miss my little college house.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails