Friday, March 26, 2010

The Duke of Wellington's Eponymous Boot














I've found a new must-have for mucking about the farm.   I'm talking about a pair of Wellies from Hunter.  Hunter, based in Scotland, has been in business making the Wellington boot since 1856.
I am really coveting a pair of the Original Tall Wellingtons in Green.  And since it's difficult to find any color of wellies besides black for men in the States, I'll be having mine shipped from across the pond.

And for the ladies, look and this wonderfully floral welly designed especially for the Royal Horticultural Society.















That's a wonderful rainbow of wellies! 

Hunter even holds The Royal Warrants of Appointment as suppliers of waterproof footwear to HM The Queen and HRH The Duke of Edinburgh.  I can't wait to get my very own pair!

Images from Hunter, Flickr, and Welly Warehouse.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Landon--I've always wanted a pair of original green wellies myself, but they are far too wide for my ultra-narrow feet! Glad to see them getting some press.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Landon--Sorry to be mentioning my own blog in a comment (feel free to delete it), but I couldn't find your email address anywhere and I wanted to let you know I just posted about a Southern thing, pimento cheese, used in an English thing, tea sandwiches. Are you a pimento cheese fan?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone wears them out here, even this brand can't live without them........Enyoying you blog i added you to my list!!!!Maryanne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails